First Christian Reformed Church of Pella, Iowa, is part of the Christian Reformed Church, a denomination of more than 800 congregations and 300,000 members across North America. Pella I CRC was formed in 1866 as the first Christian Reformed congregation west of the Mississippi River.
We are a congregation that loves the Lord Jesus Christ and is excited to share that love with the community around us!
As God’s people, we believe...
- The Bible to be God's inspired and infallible Word and the only rule for faith and practice.
- In the triune God who has revealed himself as one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That all people are sinners and cannot be restored to fellowship with God through any power of their own.
- That God, in love sent his only Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins; that Jesus rose from the dead; that he is our intercessor with the Father; and, that he will return on the Last Day as the judge of all people.
- That God accepts all who repent of their sins, who believe that the redemptive work of Christ is the only basis for salvation, and who embrace Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives.
The Christian Reformed Church’s emblem--a cross in a triangle--expresses our basic belief. The triangle stands for the Trinity--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The cross shows our belief in Jesus Christ’s death on the cross for our salvation.
First CRC welcomes those whose faith is strong, and those whose faith is weak. We welcome the searching, and those who are found.
~There is room for you in the community of believers at Pella I CRC.